COVID-19 Update: Dear Applicants and Potential Participants,
Our crews and individual placements have always been the foundation and driving force of this organization. The safety of our participants has always been our utmost priority. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 situation, we have activated an Incident Response Team and are working around the clock to monitor and manage the effects of the outbreak. Conservation Legacy and its programs are strictly following guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and local public health agencies.
Mitigation and Minimizing Risk
We have implemented a variety of policies and protocols to reduce the risk to our participants and staff:
- Field crew programming has been postponed through May 1st, 2020. Individual Placement programming is running on a case-by-case basis, taking into consideration the placement’s ability to social distance and work remotely.
- Hygiene: All current participants and staff are following hygiene and safety protocols provided by the CDC, WHO and other public health agencies. Offices and sites are being sanitized and cleaned as often as appropriate.
- Remote Work Possibilities: Staff and eligible individual placements will be working remotely if possible. Social distancing is required of everyone, to the highest degree they are able to do so.
- Evaluating Travel and Large Events: All non-essential travel and group events have been cancelled or postponed.
- Self-Disclosure: Individuals joining the program or currently participating in the program will be requested to self-disclose any contact with individuals who are currently ill or may have been exposed to the illness. Participation or engagement in programming and/or activities may be delayed for individuals who have had recent contact. The well-being and privacy of such members is our number one priority.
At this time, our programming start dates after May 1st remain unaffected. While this may change, we encourage all interested applicants to apply for any open positions, and we thank you for your flexibility. We have always been a resilient organization and are dedicated to continuing to serve our communities and the environment into the future.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your program or recruitment staff.
We urge everyone to follow CDC and WHO protocols to limit the spread of the virus. We hope that you and your families are well.
Conservation Legacy and Program Staff
The Appalachian Conservation Corps (ACC) and Conservation Corps North Carolina (CCNC) seek applicants who are interested in fully committing to the program, who are willing to overcome any challenges, and those who will take advantage of the opportunities, skills and trainings that are offered throughout their term of service. ACC and CCNC seek those who will benefit from and contribute the most to the program; previous experience is not required for most positions.
Please see the table below for open positions with ACC. Click the 'Apply Now' link for more information and instructions to apply. Good luck!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
|ACC||Field Supervisor • Seasonal Staff||Full-time, Seasonal Staff||Harrisonburg, VA||Apply Now!|
|ACC||Staff Crew Leader • Summer Seasonal Staff||May - August or November 2020||Harrisonburg, VA||Apply Now!|
|ACC||AmeriCorps Crew Leader • AmeriCorps||May - August or November 2020||Harrisonburg, VA||Apply Now!|
|ACC||Summer Conservation Crew Member • AmeriCorps||June - August 2020||Harrisonburg, VA||Apply Now!|
|ACC||Women's Saw Crew Member • AmeriCorps||June - August 2020||Harrisonburg, VA||Apply Now!|
|Intern||Werowocomoco Ancestral Lands Individual Placement • AmeriCorps||June - December 2020||Yorktown, VA||Apply Now!|
|Intern||Internship - Natural Resource Individual Placement • AmeriCorps||May - August 2020||Appomattox Court House National Historical Park, VA||Apply Now!|
|Intern||Internship - Resource Management and Maintenance Individual Placement • AmeriCorps||May - August 2020||Monocacy National Battlefield, MD||Apply Now!|
|Intern||Internship - Backcountry Support and GIS Individual Placement • AmeriCorps||August 2020 - August 2021||Shenandoah National Park, VA||Check back soon!|
|Intern||Internship - Invasive Plant Management Team Individual Placement • AmeriCorps||National Capital Region,|
|Check back soon!|
WHO WE SERVE
Appalachian Conservation Corps (ACC) emphasizes the recruitment and engagement of diverse teams and individuals who learn from each other and their projects in a supportive environment. In selecting participants, ACC encourages all types of diversity including, but not limited to; race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, social-economic, and disability.
Appalachian Conservation Corps also emphasizes the engagement of local individuals who represent the communities in which they serve. ACC intentionally searches for funding sources and program options to support the goal of offering experiences to a wide range of participants.